Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released a notification for the recruitment of 414 posts for Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS I), 2018 in Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Air Force academy. Interested candidates can apply Online on or before 04-12-2017 till 1800 hrs. Other important details like age limit, educational qualification, application fee, selection process and how to apply are given below.
Combined Defence Service Examination – Apply Online for CDS (I) Exam Details:-
Total Number of posts: 414
Last Date to Apply Online: 04-12-2017 till 1800 hrs
Name and corresponding number of posts:
(1) Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 146th (DE) Course commencing in January, 2019: 100 Posts
(2) Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in January, 2019 Executive(General Service): 45 Posts
(3) Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in February, 2019 : 32 Posts
(4) Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)—109th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing inApril, 2019 : 225 Posts
(5) Officers Training Academy, Chennai—23rd SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in April, 2019: 12 Posts
|Serial Number||Post Name/Academy Name||Age Limit|
|1||IMA||Born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2000|
|2||Indian Naval Academy||Born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2000
|3||Air Force Academy||Age must be between 20-24 years as on 01-01-2019
|4||Officers Training Academy(SSC course for men)||Born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2000
|5||Officers Training Academy(SSC course for women)||Born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2000
Educational Qualification: The Candidate must be a graduate from a recognised University or equivalent for S.No-1, Degree in Engineering from a recognised Institution for S.No-2, Degree from a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering for S.No-3 Posts.
Selection Process: The following tests will be done to select the candidates
(1) Candidates will be selected based on SSB (Stage I & II).
(2) Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception, Description Test (PP&DT) (Stage I) & Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference (Stage II).
Application Fee: Candidates are required to pay Rs.200/- through challan or online mode and Female/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
How to Apply: Eligible Candidates can apply Online form the website www.upsconline.nic.in on or before 04-12-2017 till 1800 hrs.
Important Dates to remember for the Combined Defence Service Examination:
Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash): 03-12-2017
Last Date for Fee Payment (Online): 04-12-2017
Candidates are advised to go through the official notification for the detailed advertisements. To get the official notification click here.